Well, two years later and I have discovered that my blog is actually up and working. I am still quilting, the treadles are still residing in my house and my stash has grown even bigger. I will post regularly now that I know I can be seen by the world. To Maureen, my fellow quilter and friend who has been the first to comment here, thankyou! I actually got her sewing on my Jones hand crank a couple of weeks ago however no photos were taken of her stirling effort, unfortunately. She handled it like a pro. I now teach quilting and had set the girls the task of sewing on some of the old machines. Nan, who sewed for fashion houses in her day, loved every minute of it. I will post photos of their next sewing day when they next come. We call oursleves "The Coffee,Cake and Jazz" quilt group and Tuesdays see the girls sewing along to the strains of Glenn Miller and his Big Band and other wonderful old tunes.

Comments

  1. My first machine was a hand cranked Singer, which was still in my possession until seven years ago.
    Like they say about riding a bike---you never lose the knack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UFO CRAZY QUILT

FROM THE SHEARING SHED

"SUPERB FAIRY WREN"