UFO CRAZY QUILT

I had started this quilt some time back. When I started this blog in fact, because a part of it appeared further down the page in my first writings here. It had then hit the UFO stash, which seems to grow biggger by the year. At the rate I am travelling the cats are going to have to leave home to make room for the quilts instead of just sleeping on them as they do. Today I 'found' the quilt,and started embellishing it again. Twenty years on a potter's wheel in my previous creative life have left me with hands that refuse to sew the kind of embroidery that I see other crazy quilters achieving. All those colonial knots send my hands stiff when I wake up the next morning. So being a lover of machines I realised I would have to use them as cleverly as I could to make my quilts heavy with stitch and glow like the inside of an Aladdin's Cave. So I fancy stitch with them, create machine embroidery with them and enrich my fabric as best I can. Block one appearing here is finished and here and there are the odd hand stitches. I have grown to love my machine stitches and realise we are going to be companions for a long time.

Comments

  1. thank you for popping by, not using my RiverWind blog as much, most of my work is on "Creates" now. Pop by Allie's blog sometime, you would enjoy it. http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com/ She is a friend of mine from an annual retreat..
    Enjoy your day. v

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Allie's book. I envy her hand work. I will have to find your other blog as I have not heard of that one. I guess this means you do CQ too. I use my embroidery machine to create pieces for mine because of my hands. I will put up the Aussie historic quilt later that inspired the piece I am working on. You have a good day too :) Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you have started back on your crazy quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FROM THE SHEARING SHED

"SUPERB FAIRY WREN"