FARM MEMORIES

I lived on my grandfather's sheep property, "Wayford"  while very young.  He and my grandmother had twelve children and raised them near Armidale in New South Wales.  A beautiful home with a long driveway of pines, gardens, tennis court and down the rear was a shearing shed.  I used to visit it and was fascinated with the slats in the floor and how the light shone through them and the smell of the sheep wool.   Along the road it sat on were several properties all belonging to family members including my great grandfather's home named "Blink Bonney' .  As a child it gave one a sense of family and grounding and with a huge family came many cousins, around 24 of them by memory.  Quilts 29 x 27 rusted and commercial fabric, farm stencils.  Machine and hand quilted.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFO CRAZY QUILT

FROM THE SHEARING SHED

"SUPERB FAIRY WREN"