Wednesday, October 5, 2016

IN THE GARDEN OF TOMORROW



I found an old song sheet copy online ages ago, called "In The Garden Of Tomorrow", and saved it because I loved the title.  I decided to use it to create a garden themed mixed media piece on canvas yesterday.  Sewing is out at the moment because of a torn ligament in my shoulder.  I used various stencils including some by Rebekah Meier, stamps, cut outs from Kaiser Craft and prints of old paintings and song sheets.  I blended it all with a golden  wash when finished to tone it all together. In a few days when it dries thoroughly I will put a clear acrylic topcoat over it all.   There are benefits to a sore shoulder, exploring this media was enjoyable and I feel my fingers itching to do more.  Size 20 x 24 inches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment